Sunday, August 25, 2013

Release the bats!

Hello again dear readers.

As you know this blog has been pretty much on hold the whole summer. Truth to be told I haven't felt like blogging for quite a while. I haven't felt motivated and so I have been avoiding it... but I have thought about the matter.

Obviously I have had some good reasons for not blogging. I have concentrated pretty much on my new work as a graphic designer / illustrator. Another very god reason is our new furry family member, a little black cat called Béla. I'm going to make a separate post about him later, so you just have to wait but yeah, he demands quite a lot of my time, and I really enjoy spending it with him, but of course that time must be taken out of something else. :)

The most pressing reason, however, is fear, at least I think so. Last spring I realized that there are indeed people out there who do not think too highly of me and since that harsh realization my self-esteem hasn't been what it used to be. I fear to speak out, I keep thinking what to say so carefully, for so long, and finally I end up saying nothing. In fear of criticism I have put up virtually no new photos of myself during summer on my Facebook. I have spent my days in jeans, ballerinas and cardigans nearly every day, instead of my beautiful gothic clothing, to blend in with the crowd. Well, I have had some good days, but mostly I have just felt very vary of my surroundings. Living life like this, however, has made me feel like I'm losing myself and turning into something dull and grey. I want to start living again, and I will. The old me is still here, hidden away in my batcave and now I'm releasing the bats!

This also means, that I will make this blog more personal and therefore interesting, well, that's what I think at least! I love to read blogs about daily lives of interesting people, but sadly this blog hasn't been like that for a long time. This is something I really want to improve in the future. :) So, as promised next post will be about our new kitten Béla, and after that I'm going to make a post about our new apartment. :) But I will return to that tomorrow, now I'm going to watch one more episode of Downton Abbey and go get some beauty sleep. :3

© Pauli Tavasti
Hush little baby don't say a word.
And never mind that noise you heard.
It's just the beast under your bed.
In your closet in your head!

2 comments:

  1. Neäh, jos toisten mielipiteistä alkaa välittämään, saa nököttää päivänsä neljän seinän sisällä yksin - ja silti jollakulla on jotain naputtamista johonkin.
    Asiaan täysin liittymättä - onko tuo kaikki omaa tukkaa??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ei sentään! Kummallakin puolella edessä, siis sivukaljujen kohdalla on klipsipidennykset. :) Halvat ja muoviset, mutta välttävät tässä kasvatellessa omaa tukkaa vaihteenvuoksi takaisin. :3

      Delete